- Goji berries have naturally occurring Lutein, Beta-carotene, Zeaxanthin, and Luteolin which work together to assist vision function.
- Zeaxanthin protects the lens and the retina against UV light and oxidative damage.
- Lutein protects your eyes from sunlight damage, free radicals, and cataracts.
- Vitamin A aids in the proper functioning of the cornea and the outer covering of the eye. It is also necessary to produce rhodopsin, which assists in colour and low-light vision.
- Goji berries may protect against age-related macular degeneration by increasing macular pigment density.
- Goji berries have protective effects on diabetic retinopathy and could protect the retina from glaucoma, a condition that causes irreversible vision loss.
- Goji berries contain 18 amino acids, including 8 essential amino acids, which play an important role in maintaining the health of the body’s organs, including the eyes.
- The powerful mix of antioxidants in goji berries may inhibit or slow tumor growth and improve the body’s defense mechanisms against cancer.
- Beta-carotene may promote skin health, reduce irritation, protect against UV damage, and reduce the effects of aging.
- Goji berries can improve energy and alleviate anxiety and depression.
- Goji berries may help prevent the progression of liver disease caused by alcohol and contribute to general liver health.
- Goji berries have long been used in traditional medicine to prevent illness and infection and to boost immunity naturally.
Backed by Research
We use the very best of natural superfood ingredients to bring a full spectrum of nutrition to empower the human vision system and promote vision wellness. All of our ingredients are supported by a substantial body of research. Some relevant studies are listed below.
Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine (SEBM)
Dietary wolfberry ameliorates retinal structure abnormalities at the early stage of diabetes in mice.
International Journal of Ophthalmology (IJO)
Goji berry may be an effective therapeutic intervention for preventing the progression of early age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity Peer-Reviewed Journal
Goji berries are high antioxidant potential fruits which alleviate oxidative stress to confer many health-protective benefits such as preventing free radicals from damaging DNA, lipids, and proteins. The health benefits of goji berries include enhancing hemopoiesis, antiradiation, antiaging, anticancer, improvement of immunity, and antioxidation.
Journal of Ophthalmology
Recent clinical trials have determined that supplementation of lutein and zeaxanthin has a protective effect against photoinduced damage to the lens and the retina.
The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine
Goji berry juice consumption increases subjective feelings of general well-being, and improves neurologic/psychologic performance and gastrointestinal functions.
Turkish Journal of Biology
Goji berries improve anxiety, depression and learning performance in mice.
Journal of Medicinal Food
Drinking goji berry juice can increase levels of immune cells and improve general feelings of well-being.
Photochemical & Photobiological Sciences
This animal study found that goji berry juice protected the skin against UV radiation. Eating the fruits dried or taking a goji berries supplement may provide similar benefits.
There are more than 9,710 studies on Goji Berries
And we’re constantly reviewing new research to understand the full extent of the superfood’s health benefits.
Goji Berries are one of the ingredients in our SightC!
Want to Know More?
Give your customers a summary of your blog post